• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions to ask a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OlRoy

What is the name of your state? NC

When trying to find a lawyer what are some good questions to ask him besides the obvious whats your experience with cases like mine, how will i be charged, etc...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Questions to Ask a Criminal Lawyer at Your Initial Consultation - -

NUMBER 10: Is it okay if I answer all the prosecutor's questions with, "Wouldn't YOU like to know?"

NUMBER 9: "The attorney responds, "crap, that's a hard question . . . is wrestling on?"

NUMBER 8: "Can I make you an offer you can't refuse?"

NUMBER 7: "Will you have another client lined up when I fire your ass?"

NUMBER 6: "You respond to all of his money questions by saying, "No hablo Ingles."

NUMBER 5: "Ever kill a guy?"

NUMBER 4: Complete this sentence - - "You must acquit if the glove doesn't . . ."?

NUMBER 3: "Do you have any previous experience sitting around doing nothing?"

NUMBER 2: "Do you feel you have a proper disrespect for authority?"

AND, the NUMBER ONE Question to Ask a Criminal Lawyer at Your Initial Consultation - -

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years? For that matter, where do you see ME in 15 to 25 years?"

IAAL

O

OlRoy

lol I don't think i'd get to far asking them those questions :) Surely you guys would know some good questions to ask and maybe things to look out for. I heard that you should be careful of a lawyer that promises he can get you a specific deal because hes more likely to be a shaddy lawyer and screw you than one that can hoodwink the judge. He should have expereince in your jurisdiction and with cases like yours... what are some other things i should ask or look for?

C

cinbad

My first question would be "Do you have a sense of humor?"

If he says yes...PASS

C

cinbad

I would actually ask for references...other cases he has worked on. This is public knowledge. Ask him his record of wins vs losses I am sure he knows it. How long he has been practicing. What he expects to happen based on his experience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">