• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions big time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ranbrano

What is the name of your state (Utah)?
My brother lives in Layton Utah but he was aressted in Salt Lake City area
for Controlled Substance and Drug paraphernalia. He is being told that he cant
do a plea in advanced this is the first time that he has every been in trouble with the law is this true? Also he does not like his lawyer what can I do to get another lawyer. They also told him that he is beening charged with another felony because one of the drugs was cocaine and he know's nothing about that the drugs were in the car not on him. Please help I am confused on what is taking place. He also has been locked up since 12/10/2009
Thanks

FlyingRon

I think you mean 'plea in abeyance.'
It's not open for certain charges/combinations (i.e., if you're looking at three years or more).

"YOU" can't do anything for your brother as far as getting him a new lawyer, unless you want to chip in some money for private counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">