• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions for the True American Hero's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JahloveJill

What is the name of your state? California
My Husband was been sentenced to a year (12 months) at Taft Correctional and I want to know what will be the best way (of there is any way) to get him early release. I have heard he is uneligible for good time since he was given 12 months but was wondering if there was anything else, drug program, letters to judge, anything I could do. They want to tranfer him to Houston where I am waiting at my sisters, but I fear that will hurt his chances. He's just in for Ganja. It was put in our trunk by our "friends" who knew he had a prior for the same offence. He had totally learned his lesson before, not to play with the feds. Our "friends" used us to get ahead with another load across the border. He took a deal that was supposed to be for 0 time but got the dreaded Judge Burns. The man who figures why go with the system of checks and balances when I can do what I WANT, and of course, what GOD wants. Anyway....., I know all you lawyers are hella burdened but his lawyer is a TOTAL NEWBIE with the federal defenders. Helping this small timer is not going to get her any points. Please let me know if there is something I can do for him. We have been together since we were both 17 and I, and our kids, miss him so very much!

outonbail

What is the name of your state? California
My Husband was been sentenced to a year (12 months) at Taft Correctional and I want to know what will be the best way (of there is any way) to get him early release. I have heard he is uneligible for good time since he was given 12 months but was wondering if there was anything else, drug program, letters to judge, anything I could do.
Unfortunately, the time to write letters to the judge and provide character witnesses on his behalf, is prior to the judge handing down his sentence, and therefore, long gone.
They want to tranfer him to Houston where I am waiting at my sisters, but I fear that will hurt his chances.
I don't think you have to worry about hurting his chances since he hasn't got any chances to hurt.
He's just in for Ganja.
Just in for Ganja? Heck, why didn't you say so at the beginning, nothing to it, the judge probably burns a little Ganja himself. Tell you what, send the judge a little Ganja bud and a quick note about how the petty little Ganja law has you're husband locked up and the judge will probably come to his senses and realize how foolish it was to lock you're husband up.
It was put in our trunk by our "friends" who knew he had a prior for the same offence.
Uh Oh, that's not good. Better hold up on that letter to the judge and especially the Ganja sample.
He had totally learned his lesson before, not to play with the feds. Our "friends" used us to get ahead with another load across the border.
Perfectly understandable, but, completely unbelievable. The old, "They used us as a diversion to get through the border checkpoint with the BIG load" excuse has got allot of miles on it and I'm sorry to say, it just isn't done that way anymore. You probably shouldn't refer to these other Ganja smugglers as friends either. If anything you say has any truth to it at all, (which is doubtful) they are not you're friends.
He took a deal that was supposed to be for 0 time but got the dreaded Judge Burns.
Monte Hall takes allot of time off these days.
The man who figures why go with the system of checks and balances when I can do what I WANT, and of course, what GOD wants.
Now you see why writing this judge a letter is a bad idea.
Anyway....., I know all you lawyers are hella burdened but his lawyer is a TOTAL NEWBIE with the federal defenders. Helping this small timer is not going to get her any points.
If she's worried about points, she is a newbie.
Please let me know if there is something I can do for him.
Write love letters, keep money on his books, take good care of his children, accept his collect phone calls, be faithful and keep a positive attitude when communicating with him. The year will go by faster than you think. Oh yeah, you should probably scratch those friends off you're Christmas card list too.
We have been together since we were both 17 and I, and our kids, miss him so very much!
I'm sorry, there isn't anything I can provide to give you some hope of getting him out early, but short of receiving a Governor's pardon, you're probably out of options.

CdwJava

This is a federal prison and federal charges. This is not for simple possession. For the feds to even be remotely interested in this matter it had to have been a big deal. he was either part of a much larger operation, or it was a heck of a load he was carrying! (Or maybe he had it on federal grounds.)

As OOB mentioned, there is not a whole lot you can do. You can try, but if he is a good boy, I think he has to serve 85% or better of his time ... don't quote me on that because the fed system is not one i deal with that often.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">