• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it really expunged ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wannabanurse

What is the name of your state? WV
27 yrs ago I was convicted of possession of marijuana..I was sentenced to 6 months probation...After that this was supposed to be expunged...I was 18 & I had never been in trouble before & never have been since..I never thought about it again...Now I'm in a nursing program...How do I check to make sure this has been expunged..Also how far back is the background check ? I just got my CNA license , is that the same background check ?

Last edited:

smutlydog

wannabanurse said:
What is the name of your state? WV
27 yrs ago I was convicted of possession of marijuana..I was sentenced to 6 months probation...After that this was supposed to be expunged...I was 18 & I had never been in trouble before & never have been since..I never thought about it again...Now I'm in a nursing program...How do I check to make sure this has been expunged..Also how far back is the background check ? I just got my CNA license , is that the same background check ?
Maybe it's different where you live but this process of getting a record expunged isn't automatic. You may have thought the conviction would come off your record once you completed the probated sentence. That has nothing to do with an arrest record. That's remains on record until you hire an attorney and go through a process. That may or may not be possible where you live.

wannabanurse

So, how do I go about checking on this to see if it has been expunged or not...Who would I go to ? I never had an interest in the law so I am completely ignorant of it...And will it cost anything ? Thank you for all your help...

seniorjudge

wannabanurse said:
So, how do I go about checking on this to see if it has been expunged or not...Who would I go to ? I never had an interest in the law so I am completely ignorant of it...And will it cost anything ? Thank you for all your help...
Pay to have someone run a criminal background check on you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">