• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

receiving package in the mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zaddi

I received a knock at my door and it was a package carrier dont remember the name of the carrier. I signed for a package that was not in my name. 3 minutes after signing my house was busted into I believe they had a search warrant. Anyway they searched my house and found 4lbs of marijuana, some marijuana that was bagged up n a pouch and I later discovered at the police station that the box I signed for contained 6lbs of high grade marijuana. I was arrested taking down to the police station, finger printed, picture taking and then released later that night without bail. I have several felony convictions however I have none since 1992 also I think I have a possession conviction around 1989. I would like to know why I was released without bail and what type of sentence am I looking at? Is there any attorney's with experience willing to help me.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I received a knock at my door and it was a package carrier dont remember the name of the carrier. I signed for a package that was not in my name. 3 minutes after signing my house was busted into I believe they had a search warrant. Anyway they searched my house and found 4lbs of marijuana, some marijuana that was bagged up n a pouch and I later discovered at the police station that the box I signed for contained 6lbs of high grade marijuana. I was arrested taking down to the police station, finger printed, picture taking and then released later that night without bail. I have several felony convictions however I have none since 1992 also I think I have a possession conviction around 1989. I would like to know why I was released without bail and what type of sentence am I looking at? Is there any attorney's with experience willing to help me.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
1: US Law Only
2: This is not a referral site. See www.attorneypages.com

GonzoFL

Think real hard....was the utility van the carrier driving made out of marijuana?.....cuz I'm thinking it may have G.O.E. Ganja Overnight Express....who's principle owners are Cheech and Chong.

CdwJava

So, which of your friends or roommates was the package for? Or, as is common in these instances, was the package made out to a name that no one has ever heard of?

Often these are sent to real addresses and fake people because the crooks think that it gives them some sort of plausible deniability. "Geeee ... I didn't know what was in it - see, it's not even for me! It must be a mistake!"

If they found other marijuana at the house, I strongly suspect that your place was not some innocent drop and you some innocent and unknowing party to the whole affair.

Speak to an attorney ASAP.

Were you released with a citation? A summons to court of some kind? Or with no cite or summons at all?

Also, what state is this?

- Carl

Banned_Princess

Dumba$$.

The package must have been for someoe in the house, why else would he sign for it.

Sending weed through the mail has GOT to be the DUMBEST thing EVER.

Where do you live OP, Canada?

I especially dont know why they released you without bail. Maybe you werent the catch they were after. Someone else in your house.

Without you answering the most simple question, that you actually had to physically ignore, I dont believe we can comment further.

cyjeff

I think you would have a better shot saying it was left by the pot fairy and you signed for it only in the hopes there was a quarter underneath it.

Let me add one more part... if the police can produce a record of you signing for packages to this name, you don't have a Kleenex's chance in a blast furnace.

Ditto if the very clever false name you came up with was "Ben Dover" or "P. O'thead".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">