• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

resisting/battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jakejake040404

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi there, here is my situation..

I am a college student. 5 weeks ago I was extremely intoxicated and was walking in the middle of the street with two friends. They informed me that was the quickist way to get arrested and literally two minutes late a cop drove by. Instinctively I ran for it. I eventually got away, but after meeting back up with my friends and crossing under a bridge the officer was waiting for me at the end. He simply asked 'are you going to run from me again.' Stupidly I replied and said 'yes' and made a break for it. I could about 5 feet before he tackled me. Up until then I remember very little of the night, and being tackled brought me somewhat back to reality. Immediatly upon being tackled I said 'I give up' and went limp. Following this I was extremely cooperative. They took me down to the station and asked me a little about my night, took my fingerprints, etc. They took a statement from the two girls I was with who both gave very favorable statements. I have absolutely nothing on my record, and was told that night it I would be recieving a 'slap on the wrist'. This took place on a friday night. I went down to the station the following Monday to basically apologize to the officer and what not. The talk went well and he told me I showed a good sense of character and what kind of kid I was upon finishing. I never recieved anything in the mail although the officer told me I would hear back relatively quick. I called the officer and never got a response. I then emailed him and he told me I was being charged with 243(b) PC – Battery and 148(a)(1) PC – Resisting.. At this point I am looking for the best advice I can get for my future court date. Frankly I am somewhat confused about the battery charge. I believe the officer may have suffered about an inch long scratch on his hand when he tackled me, but I was never informed of this charge the night of or when I met with the officer the next day (i was under the impression i was being charged with a drunk in public/resisting) * I blew a .21 when they brethalyzed me as well.

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hi there, here is my situation..

I am a college student. 5 weeks ago I was extremely intoxicated and was walking in the middle of the street with two friends. They informed me that was the quickist way to get arrested and literally two minutes late a cop drove by. Instinctively I ran for it. I eventually got away, but after meeting back up with my friends and crossing under a bridge the officer was waiting for me at the end. He simply asked 'are you going to run from me again.' Stupidly I replied and said 'yes' and made a break for it. I could about 5 feet before he tackled me. Up until then I remember very little of the night, and being tackled brought me somewhat back to reality. Immediatly upon being tackled I said 'I give up' and went limp. Following this I was extremely cooperative. They took me down to the station and asked me a little about my night, took my fingerprints, etc. They took a statement from the two girls I was with who both gave very favorable statements. I have absolutely nothing on my record, and was told that night it I would be recieving a 'slap on the wrist'. This took place on a friday night. I went down to the station the following Monday to basically apologize to the officer and what not. The talk went well and he told me I showed a good sense of character and what kind of kid I was upon finishing. I never recieved anything in the mail although the officer told me I would hear back relatively quick. I called the officer and never got a response. I then emailed him and he told me I was being charged with 243(b) PC – Battery and 148(a)(1) PC – Resisting.. At this point I am looking for the best advice I can get for my future court date. Frankly I am somewhat confused about the battery charge. I believe the officer may have suffered about an inch long scratch on his hand when he tackled me, but I was never informed of this charge the night of or when I met with the officer the next day (i was under the impression i was being charged with a drunk in public/resisting) * I blew a .21 when they brethalyzed me as well.
Your careless instinct to run brought this all down on you! Now you have to pay the piper! Sounds like a costly careless mistake, doesn't it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">