• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retract very old statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikdun

Nine years ago, a former friend of mine received a citation for possession of a marijuana pipe. He had a history of these issues (he was facing some somewhat steep consequences), and I had a perfectly clean record, so out of youthful generosity (or naivety), I agreed to make a statement claiming ownership of the pipe. I went down to the station, made a written statement, received a fine in the mail, paid it, but I regret doing so for many reasons...

Is there some way I can have the statement retracted? Charges dropped? Anything?

All this occurred in Wisconsin.

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Nine years ago, a former friend of mine received a citation for possession of a marijuana pipe. He had a history of these issues (he was facing some somewhat steep consequences), and I had a perfectly clean record, so out of youthful generosity (or naivety), I agreed to make a statement claiming ownership of the pipe. I went down to the station, made a written statement, received a fine in the mail, paid it, but I regret doing so for many reasons...

Is there some way I can have the statement retracted? Charges dropped? Anything?

All this occurred in Wisconsin.

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.
No. You can't. You are guilty. You admitted.

xylene

As to simply retracting claiming responsibility and pleading guilty, no not much.

As to your record I suggest you hire a Wisconsin lawyer who can help you with expungement and inform you if that is even possible given the full facts of your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">