• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Room mate is selling drugs and I'm done.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roommateneeds

We live in Texas. He sells weed and I told him to stop but I have no where else to go. Can I report him without getting myself in trouble?

quincy

What other information is needed?
How old are you?
How old is your roommate?
Are marijuana plants grown in your place of residence?
If not, do you know where your roommate gets the marijuana?
Does a supplier come to your place of residence?
Is the marijuana stored in your place of residence?
If so, where?
Does your roommate sell out of your place of residence?
How long have you been aware that your roommate has been selling marijuana?
Were you aware of this prior to living with him/her?
Do you smoke pot?

We can start with that. :)

quincy

Now that wouldn't be guessing would it, Mr. Quincy? ;)
No, Bluto.

Webster's defines "guess" as "forming a judgment or estimate of something without actual knowledge or enough facts for certainty; conjecture; surmise."

Webster's defines "possibly" as "perhaps; maybe."

The first provides an answer that may or may not be right, while the second allows for more facts to be provided before giving an answer that otherwise may not be right.

And, because I don't want to provide a poster with the wrong information, I want to gather more facts. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it? ;)

And the following is for roommateneeds' benefit - two websites that provide the laws in Texas on marijuana:

http://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2
http://mpp.org/states/texas/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">