• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Runnin from tha past

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flashlight cop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York:rolleyes:
I 've paid for training to attempt to become a security guard and now i have to have my prints taken to be sent for consideration for a security license. Now, I have been arrested before in 2005 and in 2007 all misdemeanor charges and convictions. What sight can I go visit to get a good idea of what is being viewed by potential employers? Also, Did/Am I waisting time and money choosing this field of work as an occupation?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

The law says you're ineligible if you were convicted of a serious criminal offense. Now they don't define that, and they tend to review the results of your convictions on a case by case basis.

You don't need to run your own background check. You had better have truthfully answered question 4 on the application about your convictions.

HomeGuru

The law says you're ineligible if you were convicted of a serious criminal offense. Now they don't define that, and they tend to review the results of your convictions on a case by case basis.

You don't need to run your own background check. You had better have truthfully answered question 4 on the application about your convictions.
**A: how did you know what question 4 was?

FlyingRon

The application for the NYS security guard license is available for download from the DOS website:

4. Have you ever been convicted in this state or elsewhere of a crime or offense that is a misdemeanor or a felony? ➔ IF “YES,” you must submit with this application a written explanation giving the place, court jurisdiction, nature of the offense,sentence and/or other disposition. You must submit a copy of the accusatory instrument (e.g., indictment, criminal information or complaint) and a Certificate of Disposition. If you possess or have received a Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, Certificate of Good Conduct or Executive Pardon, you must submit a copy with this application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">