• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?'s 4 a friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t-that's me

What is the name of your state? arkansas- i have a few ?s about parole violation and being revoked. this is my friends story : he was out on parole & got arrested on new felony charges. he was able to post bond & was out of jail on bond for 2 maybe 3 months when his parole officer called him & told him to come to her office A.S.A.P & when he arrived the put him in cuffs & carried him back to jail because he violated his parole. he has been in jail again now for over 2 months waiting to go infront of the parole board. he seems to think that he will have to do the standard 6 months if he gets revoked & that the time spent in the county jail will go towards the 6 months. others have said that if he gets revoked they could give him the remainder of his time on the sentencing of which he was out on parole for + the time he gets if convicted on the new charges. is this true ? could this really be the case. :confused:

echo1313

I don't know the laws where you are but in Washington if you are charged with another crime (felony or not) its up to the prosecutor and the judge on what will happen. It is likely that your friend will have to serve the rest of his sentance plus time on the new charges and maybe additional time for probation violation. If the new charge is the same as the felony he was convicted of its likely to up the time more. Whatever the case, the time that he has spent in county will at least count towards the time he will have to serve. Plus in WA everything get run concurrent except for PVs. hope he has a good lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">