• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale of controlled subject

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeanniej5tx

I was arrested for selling 10 Adderall to a police informant. At the time of the arrest I was told that they had me on video. I had court today and the MBN officer who testified that they DID have a video but it showed no transaction of money or pills exchanging hands. They only had a video of the two of us talking and when she left, she went straight to them and delivered them 10 Adderall. My question is, do I stand a better chance of probation or maybe house arrest instead of jail time since that's all the proof they have and this is my first offense of any kind? I've never even had a traffic ticket.

justalayman

the video has nothing to do with your punishment. All that deals with is conviction. Your record and personal activities will be more important than anything else in determining your punishment,

and of course your attorney.

Eekamouse

I was arrested for selling 10 Adderall to a police informant. At the time of the arrest I was told that they had me on video. I had court today and the MBN officer who testified that they DID have a video but it showed no transaction of money or pills exchanging hands. They only had a video of the two of us talking and when she left, she went straight to them and delivered them 10 Adderall. My question is, do I stand a better chance of probation or maybe house arrest instead of jail time since that's all the proof they have and this is my first offense of any kind? I've never even had a traffic ticket.
You actually wrote "controlled subject." Why do I not think this was an accident on your part? Le sigh. As for your question, you can certainly hope for the best but you'd be better off expecting the worst. Less chance of disappointment that way.

dave33

You need to include your state. Basically it depends, on what schedule drug this is considered in your state, what you get convicted of (if anything) and if there are mandatory sentences for the charge you get convicted.

Many state's have mandatory prison time for poss/w intent and delivery. Your questions are all valid and should be discussed with your attorney. Maybe a plea for a reduced charge?

commentator

And if you're going to make a habit of all this, you had better learn that they will lie to you about what they've got on you. It's permissible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">