• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sale of "legal" substances as drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JJChronic

hey,
i live in new jersey. I am about to get involved in a bussiness that sells substaces that are legal alternatives to popular drugs on the illegal black market. The products i am selling are not illegal themselves, however my question is is it legal to sell these products for the purpose they are intended, or do I have to make something up about the real use of the product?? For example, if i am selling a product that will speed up your body, can i sell it as speed, the most intense rush you ever had, or do i have to sell it as a diet drug or a dietary supplement??

In other words can legal "drugs" be sold as drugs or does the selling technique need to be modified to avoid arrest or conviction??

-JJ

L

lawrat

Have you seen the legal ecstacy sold in stores? How about the bongs sold as water pipes?

Maybe consult with a criminal defense attorney in your state about possible violations. As long as the customer isn't roped into believing baking soda is the same as cocaine, the intent portion should be okay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">