• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

same charge in 2 countys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmstar

What is the name of your state? california

I was arrested 2 years ago in LA County for possession of meth. Given drug diversion PC 1000 completed all the classes just needed final meeting and test. Cancelled appt. due to not having the money. Didnt go to court date to show proof of completion. A bench warrant was issued. On Aug. 10, 2006 I was arrested in Orange County for the warrant and charged with possession again. I go to court on Sept. 8, 2006 should i get an attorney or is a public defender good?What is the name of your state?

Happy Trails

lmstar said:

I was arrested 2 years ago in LA County for possession of meth. Given drug diversion PC 1000 completed all the classes just needed final meeting and test. Cancelled appt. due to not having the money. Didnt go to court date to show proof of completion. A bench warrant was issued. On Aug. 10, 2006 I was arrested in Orange County for the warrant and charged with possession again. I go to court on Sept. 8, 2006 should i get an attorney or is a public defender good?What is the name of your state?
A public defender is an attorney.

That really is a personal decision, but IMO since this involves two different counties, hiring a lawyer to represent you would be better.

Info. link: http://publicdef.co.riverside.ca.us/faq.asp

2901bruce

lmstar said:

Do a search on this site & find the post by seniorjudge which explains how to conduct yourself in prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">