• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

scared and worried (drug charges)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marie023

New York, My boyfriend was recently arrested on drug charges...his house was raided by the police (they had a warrant) i dont know all the details but i do know he has 8 counts of "mostly" possesion against him. i know he had money in the house but some of it was mine i had put 550 dollars aside for rent that had nothing to do with his other money (i have a legit job) but i give it to him to hold till we have to pay rent, i also know he had a scale. anyway This is his first offense he has no crimnal record since now. what are you thinking the out come will be?

ERAUPIKE

New York, My boyfriend was recently arrested on drug charges...his house was raided by the police (they had a warrant) i dont know all the details but i do know he has 8 counts of "mostly" possesion against him. i know he had money in the house but some of it was mine i had put 550 dollars aside for rent that had nothing to do with his other money (i have a legit job) but i give it to him to hold till we have to pay rent, i also know he had a scale. anyway This is his first offense he has no crimnal record since now. what are you thinking the out come will be?
You have lost your "rent" money, I don't believe your story and neither will the police. There is no way to give you any other answer regarding this situation without knowing more specifics, like what his charges are. You can expect your drug dealing boyfriend to see the inside of a prison and consider yourself lucky for not being charged with him.

Hot Topic

It's my guess that the police won't believe you didn't know your boyfriend was a drug dealer. And that they'll be suspicious of him "holding" such a large amount of money for you.

See an attorney. There's something seriously wrong with you if you're considering resuming your relationship with someone like him.:eek:

Hot Topic

We don't have to be "gentle" when we're told that someone's home has been raided and they've been charged with not one, but eight drug violations.

That someone would want to continue their relationship with such an individual suggests that there's something wrong with their moral compass unless they choose to believe that the person was "set up." And your post doesn't mention that.

makafelli

Moral compass

Moral compass and legal compass are mutually exclusive no?. For example at one time slaverey was legal, Women could not vote, and whiskey was illegal. We as a society should reconsider jailing our youth for victimless crimes, though i am not for drug use i as a liberterian believe the Goverment has no moral right to jail this kid, but when did moralality ever have anything to do with law....Law is only the societies attempt to solve a social problem that it as asociety could not solve through it´s intellect.. so if you love him incourage him to not violate the law and stay true to your man. IF HE DOES NOT TAKE HEED THEN CONSIDER IF HE IS WORTH THE RISK. SUPPORT GROUPS THAT SUPPORT LEGALIZATION LIKE MPP.ORG AND OTHERS. AND BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.

EdAmado

Relax guys, even though the judge may be harsh, you don't need to be. The truth is, she is probably scared about what is going to happen, and she should be.

zero315

You need to get your boyfriend an attorney consider one who deals with a lot of drug cases is possible. The attorney will be able to answer these questions much better then anyone on this forum can. Also the money is definitely gone unless your can prove it was yours and made through legitimate sources....once again the attorney will be able to advise you on this possiblilty.

But at least your not sitting on your computer judging people to make yourself feel better.

Good luck! and remember your boyfriend isn't a bad person he just made some bad choices. We all do:)

cyjeff

You need to get your boyfriend an attorney consider one who deals with a lot of drug cases is possible. The attorney will be able to answer these questions much better then anyone on this forum can. Also the money is definitely gone unless your can prove it was yours and made through legitimate sources....once again the attorney will be able to advise you on this possiblilty.

But at least your not sitting on your computer judging people to make yourself feel better.

Good luck! and remember your boyfriend isn't a bad person he just made some bad choices. We all do:)
No, we all don't.

Most people have never been raided by the police in a drug sting. Most people have never been charged with eight charges at the same time.

Putting a happy face on a dire situation helps no one.

DelcoAnon

If you want a good attorney look up your local NORML organization group... they have a directory of attorneys that deal with this kind of thing regularly.

I think the people here are a little harsh when it comes to replying with things here, or at least from what I've been reading over the last hour.

Perhaps she did know her boyfriend was a pot dealer, and perhaps she didn't care because, she, like many other Americans as the open forum with Pres. Obama showed don't believe marijuanna should be illegal anymore and don't find it to be a morally wrong thing. Considering that.. the fact that they split the rent, and she gave him her half the rent could very well be legit.

nynorml.org is the url... I suggest going there and finding a lawyer. They will help. And they not nearly as judgmental as it seems this board is towards pot smokers.

For the record not all judges are tight asses. Nor are they all harsh.

DelcoAnon

Probably because it's illegal...

The same way alcohol was illegal... Because a slander campaign against the usage of hemp by William Randolph Hearst..because he didn't want to loose money from his lumber to it. That's pretty pathetic.. Considering its medical benefits, that more than several states consider it legal, and its less damaging than alcohol... There's no need to be so hostile or judgmental towards people who choose such a life style...

Advice is meant to be nonjudgmental, and not bashing towards others.

Proserpina

The same way alcohol was illegal... Because a slander campaign against the usage of hemp by William Randolph Hearst..because he didn't want to loose money from his lumber to it. That's pretty pathetic.. Considering its medical benefits, that more than several states consider it legal, and its less damaging than alcohol... There's no need to be so hostile or judgmental towards people who choose such a life style...

Advice is meant to be nonjudgmental, and not bashing towards others.
"probably because it is illegal" How on earth is that hostile or judgmental?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">