• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sealing an old drug conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DQuin413

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts In 1997 I was arrested and charged with possession of a Class A substance (one bag of heroin) and given a CWOF (continued w/o a finding) for 1 year since it was my first offense. I violated my probation by testing dirty and was sentenced to four (4) months incarceration, which I wrapped up in January 1998.

This is the only thing on my record; other than that I have nothing else. I am trying to get a job but that old charge keeps haunting me. There have been a couple of instances where I feel that this charge kept me from being hired, people see "heroin" and immediately form a opinion about me. I have no background of robbery, B&E, or anything else, just a possession charge...which I see on my paperwork was a felony back then but now is a misdemeanor. What can I do?:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated...

fairisfair

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts In 1997 I was arrested and charged with possession of a Class A substance (one bag of heroin) and given a CWOF (continued w/o a finding) for 1 year since it was my first offense. I violated my probation by testing dirty and was sentenced to four (4) months incarceration, which I wrapped up in January 1998.

This is the only thing on my record; other than that I have nothing else. I am trying to get a job but that old charge keeps haunting me. There have been a couple of instances where I feel that this charge kept me from being hired, people see "heroin" and immediately form a opinion about me. I have no background of robbery, B&E, or anything else, just a possession charge...which I see on my paperwork was a felony back then but now is a misdemeanor. What can I do?:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated...

you can research Massachusettes Expungement and file a petition accordingly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">