• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Search Warrent for cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandathegirl

The state I live in is Nevada, the city is North Las Vegas.
My boyfriend's mom is a 'crack addict' and we took pictures of her crack pipes (with crack residue in them) the pictures were taken on my phone, but taken by my boyfriend, and he wants to get her caught for her drug abuse. So we were wondering if that's enough evidence to get a search warrent? The pictures show that the pipes are forsure in her room and show them upclose and far away...

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

By itself, a picture will not likely be enough for a search warrant. And whether they will waste time with a casual user is another question.

Now, if you are both willing to go on record with your observations of her actual possession and/or use of drugs, coupled with the photo, they might be willing to seek a warrant. More than likely, they will seek a consensual contact and speak to her if they are willing to do anything. If she is high, they can act ... if she allows them to come in and look around, maybe they'll find something. Who knows?

She probably bought them at this las vegas shop right near yall Color Changing Glass Chillums Pipes | Glass Necklace Pipe

Pipes are legal. Maybe she is a fruit tobacco addict?

At most they MIGHT come question .. at most. Maybe she would cop to being a drug addict and let the cops in the house and show them her stash... so many do.

Otherwise you got nothing with just pics that cant be tested for the presence of drugs.

amandathegirl

By itself, a picture will not likely be enough for a search warrant. And whether they will waste time with a casual user is another question.

Now, if you are both willing to go on record with your observations of her actual possession and/or use of drugs, coupled with the photo, they might be willing to seek a warrant. More than likely, they will seek a consensual contact and speak to her if they are willing to do anything. If she is high, they can act ... if she allows them to come in and look around, maybe they'll find something. Who knows?
What do you mean when you say if we are both willing to go on record with our observations? Like turn them in and see what happens?
The thing is we want to catch her by suprise, if we give her time to talk to the cops and go back in her house she will hide the things in her safe of dispose of them..she is a chronical liar, and is good at not acting high. Before seeing her pipe, I never suspected she did crack. She would never allow them to do that though... Is there anything else we can do?

amandathegirl

She probably bought them at this las vegas shop right near yall Color Changing Glass Chillums Pipes | Glass Necklace Pipe

Pipes are legal. Maybe she is a fruit tobacco addict?

At most they MIGHT come question .. at most. Maybe she would cop to being a drug addict and let the cops in the house and show them her stash... so many do.

Otherwise you got nothing with just pics that cant be tested for the presence of drugs.
They weren't colorful pipes, she does have those but she smokes weed out of those ( I found one packed full of weed ). And she doesn't just smoke fruit tobacco, she does smoke ciggerettes, weed, and crack. We know all of these for a fact, her pipes are specifically made for weed and crack (different pipes). And she has almost every last one of the symptoms you get from crack, and she has a sickly sweet smell to her when she's high (which is the sent from crack). So I don't think we have false assumptions...we're sure...we just need to prove that she does it without her being able to fight it. :/ Thank you for your reply though.

Youre a citizen. If you see her with a crack pipe or weed, those are misdemeanors committed in your presence and for the crack, maybe a felony, arrest her and call the police and you got her.

End of story.

Or you can always but out.

amandathegirl

Youre a citizen. If you see her with a crack pipe or weed, those are misdemeanors committed in your presence and for the crack, maybe a felony, arrest her and call the police and you got her.

End of story.

Or you can always but out.

How am I supposed to arrest her? Cops can only do that, and won't do that without proof. She has her way of talking herself out of things. And she's never actually smoked it infront of me.

And I will not but out, she has 3 kids. Two of which are in elementary school, that's not right for her to be doing drugs like that in a house with young children.

You can arrest her for committing a public offense in your presence .so arrest her.. then call the cops and tell them that you have arrested someone. They'll be there quick then show them the contraband then you'll have an arrest under her belt!

Or tell your bf to arrest her, its his mom. Its the least he can do.

I think its awesome the brother is willing to raise all those kids after he arrests his mom. Sure wouldnt want the state to terminate her parental rights and then have them adopted out to other families or some other bad thing. The government is very good at solving family problems. You should involve them immediately.

For the children.

CdwJava

What do you mean when you say if we are both willing to go on record with our observations? Like turn them in and see what happens?
Yes.

The picture will be worthless without context. It can only be granted context if someone says when they saw the drugs, where they saw them, and who was around. A picture without context is worthless and would, at most, result in the cops knocking on her door and asking if she smokes dope. if she says no, they're gone.

The thing is we want to catch her by suprise, if we give her time to talk to the cops and go back in her house she will hide the things in her safe of dispose of them..she is a chronical liar, and is good at not acting high. Before seeing her pipe, I never suspected she did crack. She would never allow them to do that though... Is there anything else we can do?
If no one has seen her smoking "crack" how do you know it is not something else a little less serious?

As has been suggested, a private person's arrest might be possible. Simply reporting it to the police might not result in what you hope it will.

amandathegirl

Yes.

The picture will be worthless without context. It can only be granted context if someone says when they saw the drugs, where they saw them, and who was around. A picture without context is worthless and would, at most, result in the cops knocking on her door and asking if she smokes dope. if she says no, they're gone.

If no one has seen her smoking "crack" how do you know it is not something else a little less serious?

As has been suggested, a private person's arrest might be possible. Simply reporting it to the police might not result in what you hope it will.
Thank you for the advice. And we know, forsure, she is smoking crack. We saw the residue in the pipes, smelt the sickly sweet smell, she has all of the qualities, I mean ALL (practically), of a crack addict. So, we are sure.

JungleCat

First of all, you should report her to child services, not the police. Attempting to get her caught with possession of crack through photos is ridiculous, could you imagine how much more successful the DEA would be if photographs constituted possession? Probably not a lot but they'd think they were. A dealer can argue a photograph of a kilo of cocaine is a bag of Aunt Jemima Pancake Mix. Also, think of the ramifications of leaving the children motherless. Will they be provided for? Drug rehabilitation exists for a reason.

amandathegirl

They have reported her to child services before and they cannot help.
I'm sorry to be rude - But can you guys just answer the question? It's not your business what happens to the kids, I know your just looking out for what happens to them but he does have a plan for them. I know your trying to help, but coming on here and acting as if you know the entire situation is actually quite frustrating..
Thank you for letting me know pictures are worthless, I have realized that.
Again, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">