• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seized property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrbigg

What is the name of your state? IL
cops seized my truck & 2 four wheelers after coming on my property (which is my exhaust business as wellas my home) yelling search warrent everybody down.since they all had loaded guns aiming at us we complied. fact is they never had a search warrent until they were done searching & I was already in jail, for which they never even told me what I was being arrested for. 3 hours later they got a search warrent had my x-wife riding around with them on my four wheelers, then let her go inside to take whatever she wanted because cops said I was going to get out of jail for at least 15 years. as cops were coming in my girlfriend seen them & went out the window away from driveway and hid in neighbors fdge of woods & feild.she saw her riding 4 wheelers and the cops were even playing on my dads tractor!
since then my x has told us that the cops wrecked one of the four wheelers and couldn't get it started again. after 33 days in jail i got ouy on bond reduced to 500,000 from 1 million; 50,000 cash.
before that x-wife was caught in my house a couple days after bust luting everything she could get her hands on. police never made a inventory of what they seized, but wouldn't file charges on x & her 2nd x for crimminal tres pass, breaking & entering & theft even though they were caught.told my insurance company that nothing like that ever happened.2 months after I got out I got my truck back ($1100 storage bill) but never got 4 wheelers. about 2 weeks later SA offered 1 4 wheeler back. i told my lawyer what i heard about them wrecking one & denied just getting one back. SA is out of time by IL law to even file forfieture, but sill don't have them back or reason why my lawyer says he can't get anything out of SA about this. since then my x has sign affidavit saying she planted all evidence that they found on my property & that she was theatened by cops that our son would be taken and put in foster home unless she helped them arrest me.
what chance do they have winng a set up case like this & what chance do i have getting 4 wheelers back? Do i have a chance for a law suit against them?

stephenk

i cant tell from your post, but, what were you charged with in the first place? are those charges still pending or what happened regarding the criminal action against you?

M

mrbigg

meth

Manufacturing & Unlawful Delivery
Still pending I haven't went to final pre trial yet
a year & a half ago:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">