• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Drug Paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicago2910

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

I opened a tobacco shop on the first week of jan, I had all tobacco product and accessories associated with tobacco. Recently my store was raided and the city confiscated all tobacco related products which included tobacco rolling machines, paper, blunt wraps, glass pipes of all kind, waterpipes, hookahs that can have multiple use, like for tobacco and cannabis. Even they took all cash from the register. The items were not even hidden.

I was arrested and charged with 4 counts of class 4 fellony under 720 ILCS 600/3. I have no criminal record and background, I did not sell any thing to uder age or pregnant women.

I even went to the city(not preferred to mention due to legality) where i opened the store for any items that are prohibited to have or not. They gave me verbal authorization i can have all tobacco related items for sale. The city has no law or requirements or ordinance restraining not have them.

I am not sure where i made the mistake and got into this type of trouble. Now I am kind of confused where I am headed. I need some legal advice to persue this case or what are my options ahead.

Thanks for the help in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">