• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sentencing Guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ConcernedinNY

What is the name of your state? New York

:(
I have a family member that I'm concerned about. He was charged with the following

PL 221.05 - (Violation) 1 Count
Unlawful Possession of Marihuana

PL 220.39 (B Felony) 1 Count
Crimininal Sale of a Controlled Substance in the 3rd Degree

PL 220.16 (B Felony) 1 Count
Criminal Possession of Narcotic Drugs with Intent

My family member has no prior arrests/1st time offender.

I can't seem to find any information on sentencing guidelines for someone who is convicted of the above. Can someone please point me in the right direction or let me know what the minimum and maxium jail time that is possible?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

FlyingRon

Up to 25 years on the two felonies. It's totally at the discretion of the judge, but 1-3 years would also seem to be the bottom range for non-violent, no priors.

ConcernedinNY

What would the possibility be if the person was found to have a substantial amount of drugs to plead to a lesser charge and avoid a prison term?

Would I be correct in assuming that the DA would not consider no jail time being that a substantial amount of drugs were found even if a person plead to a lesser charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">