• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Several Questions regarding UPM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Billsfan51

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York

Recently I was caught in my dorm room with weed. I received a ticket for unlawful possession of marijuana and had a hearing today where I plead not guilty (what I had read and heard to do). Now, my parents do not know about this, and I would like to keep it that way. But the problem is that I am concerned whether I will need a lawyer or not when I have my trial (awaiting something in the mail as to when that will be). In a dream world scenario, I would like to get an ACD and avoid having my parents ever know about this. My question is whether this is possible.

Another concern of mine is that when I was 16 (I am 18 now), I was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol and I had an ACD for that. Will this effect my chances of getting an ACD for marijuana?

I am located in Binghamton

Thanks.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
New York

Recently I was caught in my dorm room with weed. I received a ticket for unlawful possession of marijuana and had a hearing today where I plead not guilty (what I had read and heard to do). Now, my parents do not know about this, and I would like to keep it that way. But the problem is that I am concerned whether I will need a lawyer or not when I have my trial (awaiting something in the mail as to when that will be). In a dream world scenario, I would like to get an ACD and avoid having my parents ever know about this. My question is whether this is possible.

Another concern of mine is that when I was 16 (I am 18 now), I was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol and I had an ACD for that. Will this effect my chances of getting an ACD for marijuana?

I am located in Binghamton

Thanks.
You don't want your parents to find out? Question: How do you pay for school? If a FAFSA is involved you have issues. You are not going to get diversion now when you had it before. Apparently you are a slow learner. Bear in mind that you may have screwed yourself out of college because of drugs.

lawbird

You said that you plan on taking this to trial what defenses do you plan on raising at trial and secondly if you are not represented by an attorney you might have a difficult time navigating through pre trial motions especially a suppression. And lastly how did the officer or whomever it was arrive in your dorm in the first place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">