• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shipping marajuana paraphanelia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weezel111

What is the name of your state? IL
i am going to jamaica in about 6 months...i was wondering if its illegal to ship back a bong or a bowl that i may buy...obviously it wont be used...

thank you in advance for the quick response...

The Occultist

It can't be considered drug paraphernalia unless it can be shown that it was used for drugs; as long as it can serve a purpose not related to illegal drugs, then there's no problem.

racer72

It can't be considered drug paraphernalia unless it can be shown that it was used for drugs; as long as it can serve a purpose not related to illegal drugs, then there's no problem.
Prove that to Tommy Chong. Spent a year in jail for selling water pipes.

The Occultist

Haha That's freaking awesome.

But there still had to have been evidence of illegal use of the items for them to be considered anything other than water pipes, right? Was he "advertising" them the wrong way?

danno6925

Haha That's freaking awesome.

But there still had to have been evidence of illegal use of the items for them to be considered anything other than water pipes, right? Was he "advertising" them the wrong way?
Yup - he forgot the headshop owner's rule #1:

If it rhymes with soul or song, you are in the wrong.

Tommy had his products marketed as Chong's Bongs

smutlydog

i am going to jamaica in about 6 months...i was wondering if its illegal to ship back a bong or a bowl that i may buy...obviously it wont be used...

I don't know if it's US customs or the shipping companies but I know for a fact that packages coming in from outside the US get opened and sealed back up all the time. Sure if the content of the package is legal you have a right to privacy but there is nothing to stop someone (an employee) from calling your local cop shop anonymously with a tip.

It's not worth the hassle

Besides long term use of a water bong will lead to bronchial problems. Smoke passing through water may make the smoke a little less harsh but the larger size hit is actually more harmful to the lungs than smoking joints.

Hulkamainac

You could actually bring it home with you on the plane all you would have to do is check it. My friend brought back two and told me all he had to do was check them. This was before 9/11 though so customs could have changed since then.

fairisfair

before or after??? ;) :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">