• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short, Sweet, To the Point

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdub

What is the name of your state (Texas)?

Cops found weed sitting in toilet water. THey took it out. Weighed 2.8 oz soaking wet on the scale and charged me with poss. of 2-4 oz. Judge wont allow his hard earned evidence thrown out.

Do you think that the weed being wet is grounds to toss the evidence.
Do you think a jury may agree that the photo is not enough to charge me for a specific amount of weed.
Do you know of any case where evidence was thrown out because of contamination. IE:sticks, twigs, rocks, dirt, debris, water, Etc.

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (Texas)?

Cops found weed sitting in toilet water. THey took it out. Weighed 2.8 oz soaking wet on the scale and charged me with poss. of 2-4 oz. Judge wont allow his hard earned evidence thrown out.

Should I expect a great deal?
Should I take 2k fine, 1 year probation, comm service, drug counseling plea bargain they offered
Should I take this to trial and hope jury will agree that there probably wasn't between 2-4 because of it being wet.
We don't answer Should I's.

FlyingRon

You're charged with 481.121. You might convince them that a non-soggy weighing would be less than 2 oz. That won't get you off, but it will cut the potential fine/jail time in half.

cyjeff

To obtain a full review of all court cases is beyond the ability of this forum and should, instead, be asked of your legal counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">