• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I expect a drug Charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayoni

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was recently pulled over by Michigan State Police for having tinted windows. My license is valid but I did not have it with me, my car was searched and a small amount of marijuana was found. I was not arrested according to the police because I was cooperative wih them and because I was sick, however I did get a ticket for my window tint (waivable if I remove it), and no ops on person which they may or may not waive. The officer then informed me in regards to the marijuana, he was going to put it in his report back at the station and I should receive something in the mail in about a month. I asked if I was going to get a controlled substance charge, and the officer did not give me a clear answer, just asked me if I ever had a controlled substance charge before. Now I looked at the ticket and it makes no mention of controlled substance, or possession and every other time I have been found with marijuana I was arrested. So I'm hoping they were giving me a break, but I don't know what to expect. So should I be saving up for a lawyer, or can I consider this a done issue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">