• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I have a warrant for my arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chinese3000

What is the name of your state? Alabama
Some friends and I were at a store and we had a joint burning when the police officer walked up to the car and knocked on the window. The joint was in my hand and the officer then asked us to get out. He ran all of our id's but he only cuffed me for a minute or two. I then told him I was a college student and I played basketball for the college. He then took the joint and said I am going to let you all go this time but dont let it happen again. This was in '99. Two years after the incident my mother received a letter in the mail stating there was a warrant for my arrest. I didn't know what to do so I dont nothing. Later I was pulled over for a traffic violation the police officer then pulled me to the side and said do you know you have a warrant for your arrest, I said no what for, he then proceeded to tell me that it was for possesion of marijuana and told me he could not arrest me for it and gave me a number to contact the police officers where the warrant was serverd. I called them but they havent called me back...If I could please get some legal adivic for this I would appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">