• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i take a toothbrush

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tooldtofight

state-md. traffic stop. caught with pipe & 6 grams marajuana. clean record except for similar charge in '93. no cash but make to much to qualify for pd. all lawyers want about $1,000 up front. max fine of $1,000. going to prelim. inquiry in 4 days with $400. educated and heard nothing special at last trial. got pbj then. clean stop by police and definately guilty. wondering what i can expect to happen. will the judge be offended that i came alone to pay my just dues? was not smoking and driving and was not charged with same. simple possession.

calatty

Judges do not like people representing themselves because they almost invariably do a lousy job because they don't know what they are doing but think they do. People who don't think twice about paying a mechanic to fix their cars suddenly get cheap when it comes to having a professional handle their criminal records. Especially considering this is your second offense, cough up the $1,000.

T

tooldtofight

thanx calatty, seems like mine is another mexican trial. you got the money you sleep in your own bed that night. no friends, family or savings and it's seeya until you can produce ransom. it would be better if all misdemeanor were jail terms. at least i'd have peers in jail. i guess i better learn how to be a criminal before tues. will i rehab? sure. will i be a better person? i have learned a great deal of disrespect for the justice system in u.s. sound a little bitter don't i.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">