• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should marijuana be legalized?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CatScratchFever

I am writing an article for my school paper about the legalization of marijuana. You can help me by answering the questions in my survey.

1. Should marijuana be legalized for personal use?
2. If you answered no to question one, should alcohol be banned?
3. Does the use of drugs lead to the use of harder drugs?
4. Does the use of alcohol lead to the use of drugs?
5. If marijuana was legalized should it be governed the same way as alcohol?
6. What health problems is a direct result of the use of marijuana?
7. Pick an age range 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45 and older.
8. What state do you live in?
9. What is your occupation?

D

deefran

CatScratchFever said:
I am writing an article for my school paper about the legalization of marijuana. You can help me by answering the questions in my survey.

1. No marijuana is a gateway drug...which can lead to harder drug use
2. No...this was already tried it was called Prohibition...history shows what happened then..it should have been kept illegal back then, it's been legalized too long to have any suport now to once again prohibit it's use.( Just an addition..I am not against drinking...just excessiveness of it)
3. Yes...many search for a continuing "high" once the newness of marijuana or other drugs wear off
4. It could
5.Yes
6. Memory loss, loss of hair, temporary impairment to the brain while under the influence, sexual dysfunction, dry-mouth, paranoia.. for some nausea/vomiting, tooth decay, lung damage
7. 25-34
8.NJ
9. Full-time college student and mother of 3

Last edited:
S

sadnblue

CatScratchFever said:

1. yes.
2. no
3. no. i have been smoking for 20 years and i have had no desire use other drugs. those who do would have tried others regardless if marjiuana existed or not.
4. no
5. yes
6. lung cancer, short term memory loss
7. 25-34
8. ga
9. office manager

i crave cigarettes and i dont crave marijuana...as a matter of fact, i rarely smoke any it any more..but cigarettes are a different story

calatty

1. Yes. It is a much safer drug than alcohol.
2. No.
3. The "gateway drug" theory is BS. Alcohol must be a gateway drug too, because all drug users started with alcohol. Most marijuana smokers have never taken hard drugs.
4. No drug "leads" to other drugs. People make choices to take other drugs.
5. Yes.
6. Possible lung damage from heavy smoking. There is no evidence that marijuana causes tooth decay, etc.!
7. 45+
8. CA
9. Attorney

R

RedneckRoy

1. Keep that crap out of my house and as long as no one else is being hurt by it, sure enough...go fer it. Legalize the crap. It ain't no worse than a 6 pack.

2. Nope

3. Nope

4. Nope, just leads to sleeping with fat ugly women

5. Sure 'nuff

6. beats me

7. 45+

8. LA

9. welder

ccarter

1. I say legalize it and tax the crap out of it, then maybe they lower some of the other taxes.

2. No

3. I guess it could, just like a lot of stuff can "lead" to other stuff, but personally I smoked pot when I was younger and never had the interest to try anything else.

4. No.

5. Yes

6. Something is gonna kill ya....;)

7. 25-34

8. Missouri

9. College student, Mom, full time work at Tracker Marine

S

smoo

1. yes 2. no 3. If you wanted to try other drugs you would regardless of marijuana. 4. no 5. Yes. It would then be much safer. It would govern the way it was grown. It would take the seedy side out of it (no pun intended) Plus the Gov. would tax the hell out of it maybe then would Bush give us a tax break worth mentioning. 6. The health problems are no different than smoking maybe even better. It also helps more with some medical injuries or illnesses than prescribed meds with a lot less side effects. 7. 25-34 8. Ohio 9. Mom, wife and full time worker for USPS

C

CatScratchFever

Thank you for all the response thus far. I need only a few more responses so I may compose a follow up survey.

P

Philosopher2002

1. No, There is no benifits to society by legalizing it. It can not be taxed because it is a weed and grows just about anywhere if watered. Anyone can grow marijuana, unlike tabacco which is more labor intensive. Home grown tabacco also lacks all those addictives people so much love :p . People should not go to jail for just being a user of drugs though. That costs us even more money.

2. Yes, Alcohol costs society more money than can be imagined. Accidents, Crime, and Health problems. Times have changed a lot since they first tried prohibition, but too many people like to drink. I do not for see it ever being banned, like many other products that should be.

3. Once you try anything that is a drug it is the gateway, be it smoking cigarettes, alcohol, marijuana, glue. The first step to playing the game is stepping on the field.

4. See the answer to three

5. You can not govern marijuana if legalized, it is too easy to grow at home.

6. Depends on how you smoke it. Marijuana smoke thru a regular pipe or joint burns hotter than cigarettes causing damage to the throat and lungs. This can lead to lung cancer and throat cancer. Smoked in a bong with sufficient water makes it much better for your health as it elimates much of the health risks. But, Marijuana can also lead to accidents as it effects the brain for the duration of the high.

7. 18-24

8. California

9. Student

C

CatScratchFever

Thank you to everyone that took the time out to answer my survey. Now I have some questions for each and every one of you.

deefran, I'll start with you. Why is it that marijuana definitely leads to the use of other drugs and when asked about alcohol you state "it could" lead to the use other drugs.

If you're not against drinking why do you think it should be illegal?

C

CatScratchFever

sadnblue, it has been reported that the use of marijuana inhibits ones motivation. Do you have a lack of motivation as a direct result of your usage of marijuana. Has lack of motivation affected you career?

C

CatScratchFever

Redneckroy, why are you for legalizing marijuana but won't allow it in your house?

C

CatScratchFever

ccarter, do you think other taxes would actually be lowered due to heavy tax on marijuana or do you believe the government will just tax it like alcohol without lowering any other taxes?

C

CatScratchFever

smoo, you state if marijuana was legalized it would be governed how it's grown thus making it safer. With the way marijuana is presently grown, how is it unsafe?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">