• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Poss charge but they want my money??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PossCtrlSubIV

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina

Hi guys need some advice i was charged with Poss of Ctrl Subs and when i was arrested i have a little over 2300$ on me and im being told that they are going to keep it. Can they really do this and do i have a right to get that back? I was told they cant do that which brings me here. Dor. Co. police are try to railroad me im thinking. Any advice greatly help. Thanks

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina

Hi guys need some advice i was charged with Poss of Ctrl Subs and when i was arrested i have a little over 2300$ on me and im being told that they are going to keep it. Can they really do this and do i have a right to get that back? I was told they cant do that which brings me here. Dor. Co. police are try to railroad me im thinking. Any advice greatly help. Thanks
You are facing a serious criminal charge.

You need a lawyer.

You CAN contest a forfeiture (the taking the money and saying you will never get it back...)

You need to act quickly.

PossCtrlSubIV

I got in touch with the det. in my case and he offered me 550$ dollars back a take it or leave it speech. He's being a jerk to me cause i would not go and set up other people and get them busted. Had i actually done that i would have gotten all my money back which he stated to me the night of my arrest.

ERAUPIKE

I got in touch with the det. in my case and he offered me 550$ dollars back a take it or leave it speech. He's being a jerk to me cause i would not go and set up other people and get them busted. Had i actually done that i would have gotten all my money back which he stated to me the night of my arrest.
None of this can be proven either. It is not normal for someone, especially a drug addict, to carry around such a large amount of cash. Why were in in possession of so much money? What denominations were in your possession? How did you come into possession of such a large amount of currency? If the currency was tested would it show traces of illegal narcotics?

None of this can be proven either. It is not normal for someone, especially a drug addict, to carry around such a large amount of cash. Why were in in possession of so much money? What denominations were in your possession? How did you come into possession of such a large amount of currency? If the currency was tested would it show traces of illegal narcotics?
"Drug addict"..haha way to label the guy, how much on a bet it was cannabis?

Get a lawyer regardless..make the justice system work to keep your money.

Last edited:

dave33

Not sure about s.c. Pretty sure you have the right to show up at a hearing. Usually in order to legally take your money they will have a forfeiture hearing.You haqve to show up to dispute the officers or the judgement will be against you. Also they usually have to show the money was the proceeds from illegal activity. Something to watch out for is not being notified. Thats a trick they use in my state. Also as you can tell the police use less than honorable tactics, so any information they give you is suspect. Retain a lawyer and have him handle this. Do not contact the detective and ask questions they are not there to help you, and working with them will get you nowhere. goodluck.

ERAUPIKE

"Drug addict"..haha way to label the guy, how much on a bet it was cannabis?

Get a lawyer regardless..make the justice system work to keep your money.
Last time I checked cannabis was still an illegal drug. The lawyer you are going to have to pay for to get that $2300 back is going to cost double that, great idea.

Last time I checked cannabis was still an illegal drug. The lawyer you are going to have to pay for to get that $2300 back is going to cost double that, great idea.
Consentual Sodomy was against the law in 14 states prior to 03'. Blindly following unnessesary and foolish laws is a waste of democracy. Also thinking $4600 for a lawyer to take that case is beyond reasonable. Bad economies are not selective, lawyers need work too.

ERAUPIKE

Consentual Sodomy was against the law in 14 states prior to 03'. Blindly following unnessesary and foolish laws is a waste of democracy. Also thinking $4600 for a lawyer to take that case is beyond reasonable. Bad economies are not selective, lawyers need work too.
The correct spelling is consensual, but at least you can do math. Please, go waste your time elsewhere. This is not a forum for arguing the legalization of sodomy or marijuana.

ERAUPIKE

Sodomy is legal.
Correct but while sodomy laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable, some states still attempt to enforce their laws. ( i.e.Virginia, Oklahoma, and North Carolina.) The U.S. Military enforces its sodomy regulation without regard to Lawrence.

xylene

Correct but while sodomy laws are unconstitutional and unenforceable, some states still attempt to enforce their laws. ( i.e.Virginia, Oklahoma, and North Carolina.) The U.S. Military enforces its sodomy regulation without regard to Lawrence.
Military regulations are not laws.

Politically motivated red state prosecutors won't change homosexuality's nationwide legal status any more than such people's actions have invalidated the right to abortion on demand - i.e. they haven't... and won't.

ERAUPIKE

Military regulations are not laws.

Politically motivated red state prosecutors won't change homosexuality's nationwide legal status any more than such people's actions have invalidated the right to abortion on demand - i.e. they haven't... and won't.
Incorrect, the Uniform Code of Military Justice, military regulations, is also Federal law.

Lawrence held that intimate consensual sexual conduct was part of the liberty protected by substantive due process under the Fourteenth Amendment. Lawrence has the effect of invalidating similar laws throughout the United States that purport to criminalize sodomy between consenting same-sex adults acting in private. It also invalidated the application of sodomy laws to heterosexual sex. The issue isn't homosexuality, it is the act of sodomy.

Next time you try to jump in you have a few other options to explore first; know what you are talking about, have a valid point, or just mind your own business. Thanks for trying though.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">