• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

simple possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

graysontn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I was arrested for having lortabs in my glove box cause I didnt have them in there bottle. Im going to take the bottle with me to court. Do you think they will drop it? If not/ am I looking at jail Time? thanx for your response.

CdwJava

In what state have you been charged, and under what statute?

In general, I would think that if you are able to show that you had a valid prescription at the time of the arrest you should be okay. It might be best to see if your attorney can present it to the DA ahead of time and maybe forestall a court appearance by having the charges dropped.

- Carl

j991

Depending on the charge you will probably be able to have it dismissed. Most times the charge is for the illegal possession of a controlled substance, then if you had a valid prescription you'd be okay. Some states have statutes for the unauthorized or improper possession of controlled substances, which boils it down to illegal to have controlled substances not in the proper container like a pill bottle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">