• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Simple Possession, 81/45 and Driving w/o License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

subscript

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
South Carolina

Well I got pulled going 81/45 on the way to school, I'm 17 by the way, and he said he smelled 'burnt marijuana' even though I had not done anything that morning then called a K9 unit that searched my car and found .5 of a gram. I did NOT give the officer consent to search my car although he had already patted me down. I had my license but my mom had the truck i was driving still registered in MD so they said it was driving without a license. The policeman said he might be dropping the speeding ticket from 6pts to 4 and I have court April 1st. What would they likely sentence me with? And if it goes on my record what do I have to do to get it expunged? This is my first offense with one prior speeding ticket about 6 months ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">