• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Skip Bail, What happens?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alienonacid

What is the name of your state? nj i have two prior drug charges. one for possession of pot and another for intent to distribute pot. both are 7 years old or older. i completed payment of fines and three years probation for both. i was recently arrested within 1000 ft of a school and 500 ft of a park for intent to distribute pot and paraphernalia. however i cannot afford a decent attorney and am set to be married and start a new job in another state on the west coast. can i gamble that ths statute of limitations could save me? if so how long would i be on the run?

H

hexeliebe

You will be 'on the run' for the rest of your life. Once you are charged with a crime and skip bail there is no statute of limitations.

You're confusing Bringing Charges with after charges are brought.

You run now forget having a life.

A

alienonacid

thanks so much for your response. any suggestions as to how i could help myself if i do not have money for an attorney?

H

hexeliebe

fill out the indigent defendant forms the court will give you when you tell the judge at your arrainment that you can't afford an attorney then if he/she finds you cannot afford one, an attorney will be appointed for you.

A

alienonacid

i have been offered the option of a lesser charge if i can turn someone else in. has anyone ever known this situation to work? or will i be going to jail a drug dealer and a rat?

A

alienonacid

to member stephink, please explain? does this sound as though i'm done for?

K

knotcops

Didn't you learn your lesson the first two times? Your going to jail and you are already a rat.

stephenk

does your new job know about your warrant? Have they already run a criminal background check? if no, guess what will happen when they do.

A

alienonacid

It does not surprise me that you ******s hide in some message board the same way you hide behind your bull**** badges. Why don't you stop bullying everyone because of what happened to you in high school. Can't wait to have your kids hooked on crack tough guys. You can proceed with your clever "gay" jail jokes now, don't forget to wear a vest.

stephenk

alienonacid said:
to member stephink, please explain? does this sound as though i'm done for?

anytime you come in contact with the police for even the most minor traffic offense, the warrant will come up. You will be arrested and held until NJ decides whether to extradite you. If they dont want to extradite you, you will be released.

Then the cycle will begin again if you come in contact with the police.

This will also happen if you are in a car with your fiance or friends and they get pulled over. by the way, does your fiance know about the recent arrest and jumping bail? Does she still want to get married with this hanging over you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">