• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So my older brother got me in trouble for buying/possesion of alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

korea

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Im 18, and my older brother is 20, he has lots of warrants out for him for alchohol possesion, possesion of marijuana, and a warrant out for assualt on a police officer, and many more, he has never showed up for his court dates ever!

I live in Lansing, and right now my brother lives in Detroit (ipsilante).

Febuary 10, 2007 he got caught trying to buy alcohol and for possesing of alcohol, since he has many warrants out, instead he gave the police officer my name and address (whas a saturday night), the officer gave him a citation, and he never told me about it, until one day in march i got a letter in the mail saying that my Drivers license is suspended and that i have a warrant out for my arrest. I have never been to detroit before. I called the number on the paper, i tried to explain the situation, i was treated very rudely and the lady on the phone kept saying thats it not her problem and completly ignored me. Then she ended up giving me the Prosecuter Hearing date, May 15.

I called my older bro about this, he denied it .and finally confessed that HE DID gave the police my info in a myspace message i received from him.. he said he would write a letter to the procecuter admitting that he lied to the police officer and give his full name, but he is not going to show up with me to meet to the prosecuter because of his many warrants ( and that he would be arrested on site.

right now my whole famlily is real mad on what hes done,

so would i need a attorney to meet with the prosecuter?

can i get the cop to show up at the meeting with the procecuter?

so
the cop could know that im not the guys hes looking for

so now i have to take time out of school, and my dads time out of work to drive to detroit, a place i have never been before.

so would i need a attorney?

if i print out that myspace message, would that help also in showing the prosecuter?

what do cops usually do when they give out a citation when a person does not have any id on him/her at all? take fingerprints?

i really want my license back, i hate bumming rides off people to get to school and work. and i have a clean record also.

i also have pictures of him, and i have pictures of me so i could ask the cop if he shows up to compare them

Last edited:

korea

cant afford a attorney

Yes. Do not talk to anybody at this point without the lawyer.

Your lawyer will pursue the false identification issue. Let him handle it.
what if i cant afford a lawer or attorney?

would i be screwed if i couldnt get one?

all the cop has to do is point out to me that im not the guy, or would he even do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">