• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speedy trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theicemantaylor

What is the name of your state? Washington
the court went over the time for a speedy trial in my girlfriend's case they said that it was because she fired her attorney but she did not fire him he quit when the court appointed her a new attorney she objected because the new attorney did not have any experience with felony's the attorney herself told the judge her case load was to big and she felt she did not have what it took to give her a fair trial the judge told her and my girlfreind that was to bad they where stuck with each other. my girlfriend was found guilty is there anyway to come back on the judge or get a new trial she is doing 13 months in the state pen

Last edited:

gawm

What is the name of your state? Washington
the court went over the time for a speedy trial in my girlfriend's case they said that it was because she fired her attorney but she did not fire him he quit when the court appointed her a new attorney she objected because the new attorney did not have any experience with felony's the attorney herself told the judge her case load was to big and she felt she did not have what it took to give her a fair trial the judge told her and my girlfreind that was to bad they where stuck with each other. my girlfriend was found guilty is there anyway to come back on the judge or get a new trial she is doing 13 months in the state pen
She can try to appeal it, but best case scenario (lets say she has an appeal point) she will probably be out of prison before her appeal comes up. I know in Arizona it takes about two years before an appeal is heard. I'm thinking it is the same everywhere else. I would say this is your chance to have fun and become a swinging bachelor for the next 13 months. Who knows...you might not even want her back in 13 months;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">