• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

state jobs w/ felony charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TotalTerror

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Can I get a job with state civil services if i have an unlawful delivery felony charge? I applied for a job as an information technology trainee, and I have not been sentenced yet. I will be sentenced on the 14th of November.

-Becky

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TotalTerror said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Can I get a job with state civil services if i have an unlawful delivery felony charge? I applied for a job as an information technology trainee, and I have not been sentenced yet. I will be sentenced on the 14th of November.

-Becky

My response:

You said in another post - -

"I got busted in PA selling .41 grams of weed to a narc. It is my first offense, and I will probably got to jail for 1-6 months."

. . . and then you agreed with an opinion that - -

"Smoking marijuana is a victimless crime."

. . . and now, you want to know if you can - -

"get job with state civil services if i have an unlawful delivery felony charge."

Yeah, that'll happen. Well, now you know that doing drugs and delivering drugs IS NOT a "victimless crime" because the "victim", at least, is YOU.

But you're too stupid to realize it, right?

IAAL

T

TotalTerror

IAAl reply...

Yeah, I do agree with you that I am the victim here. I sold the weed to a heroine addict that would call and bug me everyday for any kind of drugs. I live in a rural area alone, and i was afraid of what this kid would do. I have had my house broken into, and also had a drunk ***hole wander up to my house in the middle of the night and push his way throught the door. When it takes the local police 45 minutes to an hour to respond to a call, it is better to try and prevent any kind of confrontation, if possible. So I sold him less than half a gram out of my personal stassh. I do not make a profession out of selling drugs.
And you may ask why do I use drugs at all. Well, I only smoke weed. It may be wrong to self medicate, but when I have no medical insurance because I got laid off from my job as an Electronics Technician because of the econemy, and I need medications that cost $400 a month which are prescribed by a doctor, why not seek the cheaper alternative? If weed is is so detremental to my health, and should be illegal, why would other countries leagalize it? I think that weed is a lot safer than the medications that my doctor recomends I take such as Xanax, Zyprexa, and Depakote(which requires monthly blood tests because it can become toxic to your system).
Since I am so stupid, maybe you would like to make a suggestion as to what i should do to keep my mental/emotional problems under control. Or maybe, i should get state/government assistance, and YOU can help pay for my medications.

-Becky

T

TotalTerror

afterthought...

Oh, and also, IAAL, you are the victim, too. Your taxes pay for the prosecution of such an asinine charge. Maybe you shouldn't be angry with me so much, but at the US government for making a harmless plant with some medical benefits illegal. Do you feel safer now that I will be put behind bars? i am an intelligent 21 year old girl that wouldn't hurt a fly. I am an upstanding citizen with no previous record, my only crime being I smoke weed. Do you honestly feel that your taxes are being put to good use?

-Becky

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: afterthought...

TotalTerror said:
Oh, and also, IAAL, you are the victim, too. Your taxes pay for the prosecution of such an asinine charge. Maybe you shouldn't be angry with me so much, but at the US government for making a harmless plant with some medical benefits illegal. Do you feel safer now that I will be put behind bars? i am an intelligent 21 year old girl that wouldn't hurt a fly. I am an upstanding citizen with no previous record, my only crime being I smoke weed. Do you honestly feel that your taxes are being put to good use?

-Becky
============================================

My response:

Just like the criminal that you are, you can't even come to grips with the fact that you are, in fact, a criminal. In one breath, you said, "my only crime being I smoke weed", and in another breath you said, "So I sold him less than half a gram out of my personal stassh."

Becky, you fool, you just became the neighborhood "dealer", and that's one of the reasons for your arrest, eventual conviction, and the reason you're going "bye-bye". Bring a change of underwear, toothbrush, and a good looking booty to entertain the other "girls."

So, yes, I DO feel my tax dollars are being spent wisely. I do feel that you NEED to spend time behind bars. You're a doper, AND a dealer. You violated the law - - the law that we ALL live with. I'll bet you even made a profit, didn't you, when you sold him "less than a half a gram". But, that's beside the point, and it doesn't matter. The real point of your dilemma is that this WASN'T the first time you sold dope. You have, at least, sold dope to a "heroine addict" and to an undercover cop. So, who the hell are you trying to fool? If it's yourself, you're doing a good job.

Your "excuses" for doing what you do and what you did, and why you do what you do, are meaningless to me. You had other choices if you had only put your mind to it and used your brain.

. . . and to top it all off, you have the temerity and audacity to go around on these forums calling me "narrow-minded" and an "idiot."

Well, who's the "idiot"? Your life is ruined. That's being stupid.

My life is wonderful, and yours is about to go down the toilet. Make sure you find out when "visiting day" is so your parents can come gloat and feel proud of their daughter.

Do you look good in wide, horizontal stripes?

IAAL

Last edited:
T

TotalTerror

I don't see how your life can be wonderful, you are an awful, heartless excuse for a human being. Also, my life will work out fine, I will just have to work a little harder to get where I want to be. I'm sure you find that hard to understand since, by the way you talk, you have probably had everything in your life handed to you. I can't believe that you can have this opinion of the sort of people that you are supposed to represent. It makes me sick to think someone just like me will pay you thousands of dollars so you can do a half-assed job of representing them.

T

TotalTerror

IAAl, do you ever post anything helpful, or just your snotty "better than thou" opinions? just wondering...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I don't represent criminals. I'm a Civil Practice attorney. I would never represent scum.

. . . and, I just love how you sidestepped my entire post to you, failing to acknowledge what you REALLY are in your scenario.

I said - -

Just like the criminal that you are, you can't even come to grips with the fact that you are, in fact, a criminal. In one breath, you said, "my only crime being I smoke weed", and in another breath you said, "So I sold him less than half a gram out of my personal stassh."

Becky, you fool, you just became the neighborhood "dealer", and that's one of the reasons for your arrest, eventual conviction, and the reason you're going "bye-bye". Bring a change of underwear, toothbrush, and a good looking booty to entertain the other "girls."

So, yes, I DO feel my tax dollars are being spent wisely. I do feel that you NEED to spend time behind bars. You're a doper, AND a dealer. You violated the law - - the law that we ALL live with. I'll bet you even made a profit, didn't you, when you sold him "less than a half a gram". But, that's beside the point, and it doesn't matter. The real point of your dilemma is that this WASN'T the first time you sold dope. You have, at least, sold dope to a "heroine addict" and to an undercover cop. So, who the hell are you trying to fool? If it's yourself, you're doing a good job.

Your "excuses" for doing what you do and what you did, and why you do what you do, are meaningless to me. You had other choices if you had only put your mind to it and used your brain.

. . . and to top it all off, you have the temerity and audacity to go around on these forums calling me "narrow-minded" and an "idiot."

Well, who's the "idiot"? Your life is ruined. That's being stupid.

My life is wonderful, and yours is about to go down the toilet. Make sure you find out when "visiting day" is so your parents can come gloat and feel proud of their daughter.

Do you look good in wide, horizontal stripes?

IAAL

Last edited:
K

knorris

Re: afterthought...

TotalTerror said:
Do you feel safer now that I will be put behind bars?
-Becky
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I'll feel better knowing your behind bars. Hey guess you now know why they call it DOPE. Kathie :D

T

TotalTerror

Kathie...
Read some of your other posts... I will compliment you on getting every word in your reply spelled correctly, unlike some of your other posts. otherwise, i wouldn't have been able to understand it. i had that problem while reading your archived posts. maybe you should go back to school and learn how to communicate the english language on paper before you critiize other people. it just makes you look like the DOPE.

T

TotalTerror

IAAL...
I would think a "professional" (snicker... snicker...) would have something better to do with his time. Shouldn't you be in court misrepresenting somebody?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Real good reply, Becky. It took you an hour to think of that?

I have a question for you . . .

Who's going to jail - - you or me?

Laughing all the way to the office . . .

IAAL

K

knorris

Boo Hoo......

TotalTerror said:
Kathie...
Read some of your other posts... I will compliment you on getting every word in your reply spelled correctly, unlike some of your other posts. otherwise, i wouldn't have been able to understand it. i had that problem while reading your archived posts. maybe you should go back to school and learn how to communicate the english language on paper before you critiize other people. it just makes you look like the DOPE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that the best you could do??? Try and attack my spelling. Maybe while your locked up for that 6 months you'll learn how to be a better person and not a dopehead. Kathie :p

T

TotalTerror

Not attacking your spelling so much, but your intelligence. I don't need to listen to anyone with a 90 IQ. And I already am a wonderful person. Better that you'll ever be...

C

Corri

Diffrent state laws, might not apply.

Hi, I'm from California and have had the chance to work in for the state. I worked for the one of the background investigation units for pre emplyment screening. We used to find everything out, regardless of the amount of information that was furnished. If the laws are similar, then they would put a hold on your personal history statement file and have you continue the process of your charge. Chances are they will keep they felony charge in mind when processing your employment file. Even if you are found innocent, it will be a case of bad judgement on your part for being apart of whatever the felony charge entailed. The state of CA is very strict on hiring anyone with a police record including misdemenors. I wish you luck with your hiring process and hope things go well. Be careful and try not to tarnish your record, otherwise it might be hard to get a good standing job like this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">