• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tracim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania

My daughter was charged with possession with intent to use and a small amount of marijuana. My question is she was dusted on 10/6/09 and charges were not filed until 1/11/10 is there a statue of limitation for this crime?

My question is she was dusted on 10/6/09 and charges were not filed until 1/11/10 is there a statue of limitation for this crime?

42 Pa.C.S. § 5552:

§ 5552. Other offenses

(a) GENERAL RULE.-- Except as otherwise provided in this subchapter, a prosecution for an offense must be commenced within two years after it is committed.
If it was intent to sell it would be 5 years.

She's not going to skate on the SOL

FlyingRon

That's about typical. You can typically wait a couple of months. You then get the charges and the notice of preliminary hearing. They do this when they're pretty sure they'll be able to find you for court (and don't need to lock you up and get bail).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">