• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nelms78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana
how long are the statute of limitation on simple possession

nelms78

no

no there is no warrent for me because I have to go to court on possession this friday,I just need know how long do they have to file charges on me after I was arrested and how long do they have before notifying me after charges are filed against me

cyjeff

no there is no warrent for me because I have to go to court on possession this friday,I just need know how long do they have to file charges on me after I was arrested and how long do they have before notifying me after charges are filed against me
Once they arrested you, the SOL stops.

Are you saying they arrested you without charging you?

nelms78

no

they arrested me and now I have to go to court but is statute of limitation one year or more and after they file charges on me how long dose the prosecution have before they let me know that charges have been filed against me

Indiana Filer

they arrested me and now I have to go to court but is statute of limitation one year or more and after they file charges on me how long dose the prosecution have before they let me know that charges have been filed against me
You know, if you'd stop using drugs, you'd be able to phrase this question so that it makes sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">