• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitation on internal possession?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thatguyoverther

What is the name of your state? Nevada

When I was 18 and living in Vegas, I was charged with internal possession (pot). I was offered, and accepted, drug-court over a regular criminal court appearance. I went for about three months, and then left the state for a job. Didn't tell them I was leaving the state, or anything like that...not too smart, I know, but then again I obviously wasn't making the best decisions at that point in time. Skipping ahead 9 years, I'm back in Vegas and wondering what I should do about it. I would imagine that there's a warrant out there with my name on it, but is there a statute of limitation on this sort of charge? I'm completely drug free (illegal/illicit drugs, anyways...), and would very much just like that old business to go away :) Any advice?

thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I was pulled over in CA once for a missing tail-light, still driving on my NV license, and got a fix-it ticket and sent on my way. Was pulled over once or twice in OR (burned out lights, again) and was sent on my way as well. ???

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">