• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bozz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was issused a citation back in 2002 for an 11357(b) poss.marijuana. I had to have emergency surgery 7 days later an was laid up in another city for 4 months due to surgery. I just found out that there is bench warrant from 2002 for this and i wanted to know what the statute of limitations were, if any, since i've been to court in the same county numerous times and this case never surfaced?

CdwJava

The SOL ceased to be an issue when the warrant was issued. You can hire an attorney and attempt to address the issue by claiming a lack of due diligence to serve the warrant provided you can show that you have lived within the jurisdiction and had the same address since the original arrest and could have been easily located.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">