• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stealing Pot via Fed Ex.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashley829

NY
My brother who works for Fed Ex, has called me several times and bragged about how he made $13,000.00 by taking packages from work that come thru with no return address and addressed to a po box, that contain pot, He has come to NY several times bringing pot with him, we have asked him NOT to bring it on our property, Not to smoke it on our property! I love my brother but he is on a self detrustive path, I do NOT want to go down with him! I have asked him not to call me anymore, but I am sure he will be in NY visiting sometime soon.
I am in a moral bind, should I report him? To save his own butt? or should I butt out and hope he gets help? Can I be held responsible if he continues to bring drungs on my property?

calatty

You can only get in trouble if the drugs are shown to be yours. In my opinion, it is never a good idea to use law enforcement to help solve personal problems. It will certainly not save his butt, but could land his butt in prison for many years to come. Let him sort his own problems out, just insist he not bring anything to your house.

Ashley829

Calatty

Thank you for your response.
I would never want to see my brother go to prison, He has a very colorful past with his last expirence being in a mental clinic for evaluation.
His luck however will run out and he will get caught. As long as I cannot be held responsible for his personal drug use.
Thanks Again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">