• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

~Stressed out~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coryL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM

I was caught a while back, for marijauna. The cop told my parents he had me for Intent to sell. But when i was caught he didnt give me a citation or a tricket. He asked me to help catch the dealer, Tryed to help the cops but he didnt get caught either. Detective called wanted to talk to me I said I have a lawyer and its been about 20 days since then... and 2 months since I was caught.

My questions are:

What can they do in the future?
Can I still get cited?
Do they know this case might be droped?
Any help would be appreciated.
Im just completely stressed out because im in the dark.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM

I was caught a while back, for marijauna. The cop told my parents he had me for Intent to sell. But when i was caught he didnt give me a citation or a tricket. He asked me to help catch the dealer, Tryed to help the cops but he didnt get caught either. Detective called wanted to talk to me I said I have a lawyer and its been about 20 days since then... and 2 months since I was caught.

My questions are:

What can they do in the future?
Can I still get cited?
Do they know this case might be droped?
Any help would be appreciated.
Im just completely stressed out because im in the dark.
DO you have a lawyer?
If so, why are you not in communication with said lawyer?
If not, why did you lie to the Detective?

coryL

I do have a lawyer but when ever i call him he says we just have to wait it out.
I tryed to help the cops but it didnt work out i tryed my best the detective knows that. So by not having them catch the dealer that makes me a liar? I mean if so then what will they do since if they take it that way as you did "I lied".

Silverplum

I do have a lawyer but when ever i call him he says we just have to wait it out.
I tryed to help the cops but it didnt work out i tryed my best the detective knows that. So by not having them catch the dealer that makes me a liar? I mean if so then what will they do since if they take it that way as you did "I lied".
Re-read my list of questions. It's all IF/THEN/EITHER/OR stuff.

I meant, if you do not have an attorney, why did you tell the detective you did have one?

I did not mean that I thought you lied about helping the detective.

Silverplum

O sorry, yes I had one retained when I told th detective I have a lawyer.
No need to be sorry -- we just miscommunicated. :)

I asked if you have an attorney because you said you are in the dark concerning your legal situation.

Your attorney, who practices in the local courtrooms with the local judges, will be able to tell you far better than internet strangers how local cases generally are handled.

Your attorney works for you. You should be able to contact him/her and ask questions about your case and your future. Keep in mind that, if it's not a free public defender, you will be charged by the quarter-hour for time spent talking. Make a list of your questions, as you did here, and find out answers.

W

Willlyjo

O sorry, yes I had one retained when I told th detective I have a lawyer.
Pretty expensive to retain a lawyer when you do not yet need one. The cop that caught you didn't give you a ticket or arrest you because he wanted to have you try to help him catch the dealer. You said you would, you tried, but failed. End of the situation. I don't think you have to worry about being prosecuted for having the marijuana under the circumstances. But please, if you are paying this attorney, STOP. You won't need one until you are officially charged if ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">