• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sudafed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asmith214

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas I WAS RECENTLY ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH POSS TRANSPORT CHEM W/INT MANUFACTOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE - NOT IN PG GROUP 100,000.00 BOND. ALL THEY FOUND IN MY CAR WAS 6 -48 COUNT 30 MG SUDAFED . THEY WHERE STILL IN THE BOXES UNOPENED I DID NOT GIVE THEM THE OK TO SEARCH MY CAR. THATS WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD INVAILD DL. AND THEY ARRESTED ME AND SAID THAT NOW THEY WERE ABLE TO SEARCH THE CAR !! pLEASE HELP ME !!!

FlyingRon

Stevef is right, this is nothing to sneeze at. They can inventory the contents of your car when they impound it subject to your arrest. You need a lawyer. Making meth is one of the real hot button items these days.

Mass_Shyster

A lot depends on the order of what happened. The chronology OP gave was
  1. ALL THEY FOUND IN MY CAR WAS 6 -48 COUNT 30 MG SUDAFED
  2. I DID NOT GIVE THEM THE OK TO SEARCH MY CAR
  3. I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD INVAILD DL
  4. THEY ARRESTED ME
  5. SAID THAT NOW THEY WERE ABLE TO SEARCH THE CAR

So, if the search took place before the arrest, there's a chance it will be suppressed. If OP was cuffed and in the police car when the search took place, it may be thrown out under AZ v Gant - Google Scholar

So many good reasons for a lawyer...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">