• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sudafed??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

puellapea

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I have bought 5 boxes of Sudafed in the last 30 days. Just found out that NC law only allows 3 boxes sold in one month. Im freaking OUT. I am not making or selling meth nor selling the sudafed. Am I in big trouble?

Thanks I am terrified.

CourtClerk

If you're not making speed, what GOOD, LEGAL reason do you have for buying 5 boxes of Sudafed in 30 days.

I have HORRID allergies and only go through 2 boxes a month (of another medication).

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
NORTH CAROLINA LAW STRICTLY PROHIBITS THE PURCHASE OF MORE THAN TWO PACKAGES OF CERTAIN PRODUCTS CONTAINING PSEUDOEPHEDRINE (3.6 GRAMS TOTAL) PER DAY, AND MORE THAN THREE PACKAGES (9 GRAMS TOTAL) OF CERTAIN PRODUCTS CONTAINING PSEUDOEPHEDRINE WITHIN A 30‑DAY PERIOD. BY MY SIGNATURE, I ATTEST THAT THE INFORMATION I HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TRANSACTION IS TRUE AND CORRECT AND THAT THIS TRANSACTION DOES NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE RESTRICTIONS. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT KNOWING AND WILLFUL VIOLATION OF THE PURCHASE RESTRICTIONS OR THE FURNISHING OF FALSE INFORMATION IN CONNECTION THEREWITH MAY SUBJECT ME TO CRIMINAL PENALTIES."

North Carolina General Statutes § 90-113.52 Pseudoephedrine: restrictions on sales - North Carolina Attorney Resources - North Carolina Laws

How many per box did you purchase?

puellapea

Ok I know Im not making drugs or doing anything illegal so thats really all that matters. I need to know if I am likely to get in trouble or if I should get a lawyer or something. Never gotten in trouble for anything before so I am clueless.
My husband and I went through 3 boxes last month and I bought a box for both of our cars, just to be prepared and have on hand.
Thanks

puellapea

Cant remember how many per box. the boxes in my car have 24 and in my husbands, 48. So maybe a combo of both??

CourtClerk

Ok I know Im not making drugs or doing anything illegal so thats really all that matters. I need to know if I am likely to get in trouble or if I should get a lawyer or something. Never gotten in trouble for anything before so I am clueless.
My husband and I went through 3 boxes last month and I bought a box for both of our cars, just to be prepared and have on hand.
Thanks
Having a box in your car "to be prepared and have on hand" is crap. Really, before you get busted, refine your story to something believable. How about carry one in your purse like I do. Your husband can keep 1 in the car. One single, solitary pill.

justalayman

Ok I know Im not making drugs or doing anything illegal so thats really all that matters.s
well, that is the problem. Depending on how much of the regulated drug is in what you bought, just purchasing as much as you did could be illegal.

so, is there some reason you don't want to answer the question:

why did you need to buy so much sudafed?

puellapea

Why the hell am I getting attacked on here? Keeping a box in my car isnt crap. Its smart when you are terribly congested. You dont know all the ins and outs. It doesnt matter anyway, I WASNT GETTING THE SUDAFED FOR MAKING OR SELLING DRUGS.
Can I get a lawyer who can tell me something that may be of help to answer this question? I need to know what to expect of this. Am I freaking out over nothing? How strongly enforced is this? Can someone tell me what I should do?

puellapea

Ok the reason I bought so much sudafed is because my husband and I were both taking it. I think we both went through a box (taking nearly the max per day) in several days. I then bought a 3rd box for us to share, then 2 more boxes to keep on hand.
Apparently I am just incredibly uninformed about the fact that this is potentially very bad in regards to making meth, etc. Well now I know and it wont happen again. Until about a month ago I had never purchased sudafed from behind the counter.

justalayman

There is nothing you can do about it now. You can't unring a bell.

If it is strictly enforced, then I would expect to have a visit from the police.

The police could likely get a warrant based on the quantity so you might have them searching your house as well.

and you might want to look at the dosing directions. I would suggest you are probably over the recommended amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">