• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Tampering with Drug Records"(Prescrption)of trouble am i facing??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stiletto

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I was recently arrested on a 3-1/2yr old $10,000 Felony Warrant for "Tampering with Drug Records"(Prescription Drugs)...I didnt even know i had the warrant and i have since turned my life around about 3 yrs ago. I have been clean for 3 yrs now and i have proof becuz of the type of treatment i had been doing. I am really worried becuz i have a good life now and i been doing great since this alleged incident. I dont know what i'm facing if i'm found guilty of it. What are the Maximums i can face and what are the minimums?? What is the likely outcome that the judge may decide(or is that too hard to say)??
I mean if i wouldve known i had any kind of warrant i wouldve just turned myself in and gotten it over with....but i had no clue. I have proof that i have been clean for 3 yrs from what i was doing beciz of the type of treatment i am doing. They gave me papers for my court date in the middle of june....is that date an Arainment or what is the 1st court date supposed to be?? What happens at that time?? I bailed out when i was arrested but will i be going back in jail after this initial court date?? I have no idea whats gonna happen and i am really worried. I have never been thru this kinda thing before. Will my 3yrs being clean hold any weight on the judges decision?? Or will the fact that i have since turned my life around for the past 3yrs and havent done anything at all in this 3ys make any difference to Judge?
I would like to know what i am facing in the Worst and Best case scenarios. Can anyone tell me what I'm lookng at??? Any help and answers to my questions would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you.
stiletto

p.s. I cant afford a lawyer so i am gonna need a Pub. Def. so do i get one be4 i even begin or do i wait for the judge to ask me if i need one or will he even ask?>?? Very confused.:confused:

rmet4nzkx

stiletto said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon.

I was recently arrested on a 3-1/2yr old $10,000 Felony Warrant for "Tampering with Drug Records"(Prescription Drugs)...I didnt even know i had the warrant and i have since turned my life around about 3 yrs ago. I have been clean for 3 yrs now and i have proof becuz of the type of treatment i had been doing. I am really worried becuz i have a good life now and i been doing great since this alleged incident. I dont know what i'm facing if i'm found guilty of it. What are the Maximums i can face and what are the minimums?? What is the likely outcome that the judge may decide(or is that too hard to say)??
I mean if i wouldve known i had any kind of warrant i wouldve just turned myself in and gotten it over with....but i had no clue. I have proof that i have been clean for 3 yrs from what i was doing beciz of the type of treatment i am doing. They gave me papers for my court date in the middle of june....is that date an Arainment or what is the 1st court date supposed to be?? What happens at that time?? I bailed out when i was arrested but will i be going back in jail after this initial court date?? I have no idea whats gonna happen and i am really worried. I have never been thru this kinda thing before. Will my 3yrs being clean hold any weight on the judges decision?? Or will the fact that i have since turned my life around for the past 3yrs and havent done anything at all in this 3ys make any difference to Judge?
I would like to know what i am facing in the Worst and Best case scenarios. Can anyone tell me what I'm lookng at??? Any help and answers to my questions would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you.
stiletto

p.s. I cant afford a lawyer so i am gonna need a Pub. Def. so do i get one be4 i even begin or do i wait for the judge to ask me if i need one or will he even ask?>?? Very confused.:confused:
At the time of your arignment you will be appointed an attorney if you cann't afford one, the courts decide if you qualify. Often an attorney would try to get you a defered adjudication which would include a teatment progra, so your treatment program if it indeed qualifies might benefit you if there is evidence of clean tests and compliance. What was your addiction and how did you not know about the charge?

stiletto

My addiction was to Painkillers like Vicodin. I do have proof of clean Urine tests for the 3 yrs i have been a patient cuz they take Very very frequent drug tests at the methadone clinic i'm at. They dont put up with you taking any other drugs while youre on methadone becuz of the risk to your health. I have followed the program and have always done right while i was there. I also have since done 3 Seminars where the clinic sets it up and me and a few other patients talk to Doctors about painkiller addicts,the techniques they use to get alot of drugs,help them understand additcs and addiction to painkillers, and to try to help them recognize people like i used to be. I am still planning on doing more as soon as i have the oppurtunity to...but i have done 3 so far. I have really truly turned my life around for the better. I havent a clue what to do cuz this kinda hit me outta nowhere.
I didnt know i had the charge becuz i wasnt notified at all. I have lived at the same addy for the last 6 yrs and i have never recieved anything saying i was in trouble in any way. Plus in my town the police usually comes to your house if the wanna talk to you or if you have a warrant. It weird cuz i figured if i had something they woulda come get me. I dont know...its just really odd.
I dont have any previous drug convictions on my record either. I have an arrest from when i was 17(i'm 27 now,i'll be 28 when the araingment happens) but i did this program and it was all dropped. And they said if i did the program and completed it without any problems that they would wipe it out like it was never there. I'm hoping they held to their word. And i was a minor at the time too so it shouldnt be a big deal,plus there wasnt any conviction so it shouldnt count against me. I also have some minor traffic crap but that shouldnt be anything i dont think,should it?? What do you think will be the results of all of this?? This info above is all i know and all i can think of....if you have anything else you need to know then just ask. I'll try to help if i can remember any info.

Thanks for your help.

Another thing i forgot to mention was they never read me my rights when i was arrested,not when i got to the jail,not when i was released...not at all. So what does that mean?? Dont they have to do that when youre arrested or when you get to jail?? I thought they had to?? Or it was like fruit of the poisonous tree or something....any ideas?? And what the statued of limitations on this charge?? Is 3 yrs long enough or whats the limit?? Just wondering....

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

These are all questions for your criminal defense attorney. Just because you already had one defered adjudication as a minor doesn't mean that your record is not available to law enforcement or a judge. Also, subsequent offenses commited while on a defered adjudication can affect future charges. The fact that you have been a in program more than once means that you didn't get it the first time and the fact that you are on Methadone still, means that you still have problems. Are you eventually going to get off Methadone? What is the sorce of your pain? Statute of limitations doesn't run out once a bench warrant is issued. You only need your rights read to you if they are questioning you.

SCOOTERDOD

ok

ok listen if you have been clean for 3 years and got the proof for it . that very well may be good but as everyone knows is that you are going in front of a judge ..he is bound by the law he has to judge you for your crime...now he could have a heart and go light on you but everyone has to pay for thier crime ...just keep a open mind and think positive ....i mean you did have a warrant....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">