• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

telling the cops

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curious90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas. I know this guy, who regular y uses cocaine in the night club scene. Could i tell the cops anonymously and it be taken seriousily?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas. I know this guy, who regular y uses cocaine in the night club scene. Could i tell the cops anonymously and it be taken seriousily?

"Maybe"

Seriously - how on earth do you expect a message forum to predict whether or not a particular LEO/agency will take an anonymous complaint seriously?

:confused:

CdwJava

They might take it seriously ... they might not. But, an anonymous tip does not give them a whole lot to go on. Legally, they have nothing. All it really does is provide a direction for them to look. If it's simply some guy who goes to party and snorts, they probably are not going to do much more than add him to a list of hundreds of other people that snort cocaine at parties. If you give info as to where he lives and how he conducts his business of cocaine trafficking, it might be worth their time to take a harder look at him both on paper and in person.

An anonymous report of some guy using is not likely to generate a lot of interest unless they already have him on their radar screen.

sandyclaus

I guess it also depends on WHY you want to turn this person in to the cops for using cocaine.

Who are you, and what is your relationship to the person you are thinking of reporting?

What is it that you want to accomplish?

What is the end result you're hoping for?

Eekamouse

Sounds like someone who is being petty and vindictive and wants to get even for something. And probably someone who also does cocaine in the night club scene themselves... OP, be sure to tell the cops how you KNOW this person is into cocaine. Wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite or anything, right?

HomeGuru

**A: are you a druggie too? What is your police record like?

dave33

Drugs in a night club !!!!! Holy toledo !!!!! Remarkable!!

Anyway, they may take it seriously but may not care. Not taking an interest in this situation may be the popular reaction. Find a hobby.

curious90

Sounds like someone who is being petty and vindictive and wants to get even for something. And probably someone who also does cocaine in the night club scene themselves... OP, be sure to tell the cops how you KNOW this person is into cocaine. Wouldn't want to look like a hypocrite or anything, right?
I don't use drugs.....

Eekamouse

Maybe you should. It might make you less of a jerk to servers. Perhaps the night club scene is not for you since you seem to look for problems everywhere you go and get off on tattling on people.

smutlydog

The night club owner would probably more interested than the police. Where I live club owners are under constant scrutiny from the community. If the community as whole is upset then the police get involved so club owners police their own to avoid being shut down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">