• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terms of bail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pennie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

at what point is one released from the terms of their bail? i've made my 1st appearance, tomorrow - i believe - will be the resolution to the charges. One of the terms of release (bail) was to take random drug screens, which i have complied but if called tomorrow - will i still be held to the bail terms?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

at what point is one released from the terms of their bail? i've made my 1st appearance, tomorrow - i believe - will be the resolution to the charges. One of the terms of release (bail) was to take random drug screens, which i have complied but if called tomorrow - will i still be held to the bail terms?
Bail guarantees that you make ALL court appearances, NOT just the 1st one. If there are specific bail conditions, I'm pretty sure that they apply until the final resolution of the case.

If you are no longer under the court's jurisdiction, then you wouldn't be subject to those bail conditions anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">