• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tested positive but none were found

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpy

What is the name of your state?MD

I had a question that I was not able to find out. If someone is caught on a drug test as doing a drug but nothing is found on there person or at there home can they be convicted?

Hhmmmm- I would think so. :eek:
It had to have gotten in your system somehow. Your only questionable defense is if it could have been a prescription medication- prescribed to YOU. And of course not all drugs that are screened for usually come in a prescription. If it is a possibility however, you would need documentation from your prescribing doctor on when your original precription was given, how long ago, and for what reason. Other than that, I think you probably know how it woulda got there:rolleyes:

limpy

Thank you. Does it matter what the drug is??? What about steriods? I hope you all dont mind me asking I am doing research for a class and I picked the topic of steriods in sports. Just wondering why baseball, football players dont go to jail when they test positive.

Thank you agian.

CdwJava

limpy said:
Thank you. Does it matter what the drug is???
Yep.

What about steriods? I hope you all dont mind me asking I am doing research for a class and I picked the topic of steriods in sports. Just wondering why baseball, football players dont go to jail when they test positive.
Since it is not the government testing the person, they aren't the ones privy to the results. The same can be said for methamphetamine or cocaine ... if you test positive at work, the police are not likely to come arrest you. One can be arrested for being under the influence of certain drugs, but in my state steroids is not one of them ... unless he has become so debilitated by their use that he is unable to care for his own safety or the safety of others.

In 16 years as a cop, I have arrested one person (a kid) for possession of steroids, and no one for being under their influence.

- Carl

limpy

WOW thank you. Never did understand that and really does not make much since to me but I understand where you are coming from.

Thank you all...

:) lol- i thought you meant if they were positive while they were on probation or parole.... or through a court ordered drug treatment program. Yeah, I have wondered myself why they dont go to jail but, most of them usually end up paying a bigger consequence. They lose thier jobs, which is usually their passion in life, their reputations are sometimes ruined, and some even lose thier marriages. I guess as a female, steriods to me is taboo......lol**************... i wont go near it if it makes me bigger! :p
Good Luck on your report though. I hope you get an "A" ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">