• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctims

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I live in Texas and my boyfriend was charged with poss. cs pg 4<28 grams and poss. marij 0-2 oz. I know what the second means but i'm not sure about the first one. He is on parole already and he is being held in the harris county jail. I am just wanting to know what the first charge means and what could happen to him?

CavemanLawyer

The first one stands for possession of a controlled substance contained in penalty group 4, in an amount weighing less than 28 grams. The list of PG 4 substances is large but it sounds like he had some pills of some sort. They should both be misdemeanors so the punishment at most is going to be 1 year county jail...but the real punishment would be a possible revocation of his parole.

AURORAnina

Poss marij &lt;2oz

My brother was charged with POSS MARIJ <2OZ first time going to jail whats going to be the cost?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">