• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Text messages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m004g007

Florida:

A friend recently got caught smoking weed by his mom. She searched through his phone and found text messages from me and a couple others talking about buying and selling the drug. She then contacted the phone company and printed out the records of all his text messages, and alot of the drug-related ones were sent to and from me.
She plans to contact the police about it.
Could I be charged with anything? I never actually sold the kid anything at all.
By the way I am 17.

Antigone*

Florida:

A friend recently got caught smoking weed by his mom. She searched through his phone and found text messages from me and a couple others talking about buying and selling the drug. She then contacted the phone company and printed out the records of all his text messages, and alot of the drug-related ones were sent to and from me.
Could I be charged with anything? I never actually sold the kid anything at all.
By the way I am 17.
Don't speak to the police if contacted. Get yourself an attorney.

dkts'smommie

Florida:

By the way I am 17.

You are 17, and could be tried as a adult. If you never sold the kid anything, you have less to worry about. I wouldn't chance getting something on my criminal record for something like this. Get a attorney, or at least get a free consult, and do what they tell you. DO NOT talk to the police!!!!! They will try to trick you into saying something you may or may not have done. If they want to talk to you, tell them you don't have anything to talk to them about.

FlyingRon

Note "I didn't sell the kid anything" is not going to assure you're off the hook.
If you helped him buy, carried for him, or even gave him free stuff, you're still likely to be guilty of distribution charges.

As others have pointed out: shut up. If you're contacted by the police, decline to talk to them. Contact a lawyer in that case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">