• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a statute of limitations on drug charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaylasan

What is the name of your state? GA

I was charged with Posession of m/j with intent to distribute and crossing the gaurdline with m/j on June 19th of 2005. I was released on bond and havent heard anything since. I contacted a public defender and he said just dont worry about it, that they may never send me a suppona. What should I do?:confused:

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? GA

I was charged with Posession of m/j with intent to distribute and crossing the gaurdline with m/j on June 19th of 2005. I was released on bond and havent heard anything since. I contacted a public defender and he said just dont worry about it, that they may never send me a suppona. What should I do?:confused:
You were arrested but are you sure you were charged? You need to go online to the county files and check. I am thinking that you were never charged but I could be wrong. In other words the case hasn't been filed yet. If that's the case the feds would have 5 years to file the case and in your state I am not sure. In Texas I think it's 7 years.

How large of a drug bust was this? That makes a difference because if the case goes federal it wouldn't be that unusual for them to wait a few years before filing it.

Don't call the DAs office because all you are going to do is ruffle feathers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">