+ Reply to Thread
    kaylasan is offline Junior Member

Question Is there a statute of limitations on drug charges?

What is the name of your state? GA

I was charged with Posession of m/j with intent to distribute and crossing the gaurdline with m/j on June 19th of 2005. I was released on bond and havent heard anything since. I contacted a public defender and he said just dont worry about it, that they may never send me a suppona. What should I do?
    smutlydog is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylasan View Post
    What is the name of your state? GA

I was charged with Posession of m/j with intent to distribute and crossing the gaurdline with m/j on June 19th of 2005. I was released on bond and havent heard anything since. I contacted a public defender and he said just dont worry about it, that they may never send me a suppona. What should I do?
    You were arrested but are you sure you were charged? You need to go online to the county files and check. I am thinking that you were never charged but I could be wrong. In other words the case hasn't been filed yet. If that's the case the feds would have 5 years to file the case and in your state I am not sure. In Texas I think it's 7 years.

How large of a drug bust was this? That makes a difference because if the case goes federal it wouldn't be that unusual for them to wait a few years before filing it.

Don't call the DAs office because all you are going to do is ruffle feathers.