• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticketed in Virginia for ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

volks71folk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

3 joints.I live in Ohio and have no car to get back to Virginia for my court date.14 days away,9 hours away. Does anybody think if i call them i could move the court date or take care of this over the phone or get a court appointed lawyer to take care of it? My first offense. Any advice? Thanks

FlyingRon

I doubt you will get a public defender without making an appearance. If you call private counsel they MIGHT be able to stand for you. Otherwise, I suggest you hop on the old Greyhound and head to the Commonwealth. It's really quite pretty this time of year. Which court?

FlyingRon

What do you mean "show up."

Will they send someone to get you? Probably not.
However, if you're stopped for any reason they might well find the warrant and you could be held for an extended period while the local jurisdiction in Virginia decides whether someone wants a nice trip to Ohio at the government's expense to go retrieve you. You may find it difficult to get your driver's license renewed, etc... as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">